Cardiac Technician-Exercise Physiologist
Location: Dulles, VA (Stone Springs)
Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $23.00 - 29.00
Are you looking for new career opportunities, great wages, excellent benefits and work-life balance? Follow your heart to Virginia Heart!
At Virginia Heart, we are looking for a professional Cardiac Technician – Exercise Physiologist with critical thinking skills that is able to work quickly and efficiently while providing excellent patient care. This is an opportunity for growth to a Senior Cardiac Technician. We offer Stress Test training to new hires who sign a one or two year commitment and up to a $5,000 incentive.
When you work with Virginia Heart, you will enjoy a dedicated and experienced staff, competitive wages, excellent benefits and the following rewards and incentives:
- No Nights, weekends or holidays!
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program for Mental and Physical well-being
- Three Weeks of Paid Vacation upon eligibility
- One week of Paid Sick Leave
- Annual Merit-Based increases
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Discount Programs
- Quarterly Employee Appreciation Events to include therapy dogs, raffles, and other fun events
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
- Assists the provider with patients in the office, including (but not limited to): Clinical Chart Preparation; Obtains the Chief Complaint or reason for the visit; Obtains Vital Signs; Performs an ECG, know the indications for obtaining an ECG; Reviews current Medication List, Past Medical History, Social History, and Review of Systems.
- Applies holter and event monitors and instructs patients on their use.
- Performs Stress Testing under the direct supervision of a physician, including nuclear testing. Stress testing is a basic, required job function of the Cardiac Tech.
- Authorizes prescription refills under direct supervision of the physician.
- Enters data in the EMR.
- Provides patient education.
- Other activities and responsibilities as directed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology/Science or related major OR successful completion of a Cardiac Technician course
- Strong 12-lead ECG interpretation skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Computer literate; prior experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Prior experience in a clinical position; cardiology field preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and patient care skills
(Click link to view other available openings and locations for our company: https://virginiaheart.hiringplatform.com/list/careers)