Registered Nurse - Arlington
$10,000 Sign On Bonus! Registered Nurse for Cardiology Office - No Evenings or Weekends and All Major Holiday’s Off.
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking talented and compassionate Registered Nurses to join our team of patient-focused professionals in an outpatient cardiology setting.
The RN will provide primary clinical support for the providers, ensuring that through teamwork, patients and other customers are provided quality and efficient clinical service.
- Performs anti-coagulation therapy management
- Performs in office and telephone triage
- Provides patient education
- Authorizes prescription refills according to policy under supervision of a physician
- Notifies patients of test results per Virginia Heart protocol
- Rooming in office patients to include: clinical chart preparation, obtaining the chief complaint or reason for the visit, obtaining vital signs, performing an ECG, reviewing current medications and allergies, updating patient history and review of systems.
- Performs stress testing under the direct supervision of a physician
- Assists the echocardiographer with echocardiogram bubble studies, and contrast echocardiography
- Assists as the main point of escalation for other clinical staff members such as MA’s, LPN’s and Cardiac Technicians.
- Provides a safe environment for patients and staff
- Works as a resuscitative team member in emergency situations, including administration of IV medications
- Maintains the clinical flow of the office in a professional, courteous, and safe manner
- Respects and maintains patient privacy and dignity. Adheres to HIPAA law at all times.
- Successful completion of a Registered Nurse program.
- Current Virginia State Registered Nurse License in good standing or valid Compact State License.
- Minimum one year of clinical experience, cardiology experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret 12-lead ECGs preferred.
- Knowledge of cardiac medications (classifications, side effects, etc.) preferred.
- Current BLS required; ACLS preferred.
- Computer literate and prior experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), EPIC preferred.
- Strong patient education and communication skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
- $34-38.50 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- $10,000 Sign on Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Set shifts and schedules