Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Vienna
At Virginia Heart, we aim to create exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Virginia Heart is a progressive, growing practice committed to providing excellence in cardiovascular care. We're currently seeking friendly, dependable professionals to perform diagnostic procedures to diagnose image perfusion patterns patterns of the myocardium and to evaluate the funcitions of the coronary arteries for disease in patients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Explain nuclear procedures to patients
- Ensure appropriate prep has been followed
- Accurately calibrate and prepare the radiopharmaceutical dosages for patient testing
- Administer the radiopharmaceutical agent following protocol
- Operate the gamma scintillation camera, or scanner, to obtain pictures of the radiopharmaceutical as it passes through the myocardium of the heart. Evaluate technical quality of the images.
- Calibrate instruments and review data to detect trends indication equipment malfunction.
- Document treatment data in the diagnostic template
- Maintain accurate patient records, equipment use and maintenance, including the amount and type of radiopharmaceuticals received, used, and disposed of.
- Perform morning and afternoon duties as stated in the nuclear medicine procedure manual.
- Maintain radiation safety logs.
- Work as a part of the code team when emergencies occur.
- As assigned, routinely checks the emergency cart and equipment per protocol. The nuclear tech is responsible for knowing the location of the medical supplies and medication on the emergency cart and the proper operation of emergency equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successfully completed nuclear medicine education program, that allows them to be certified in American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Prefer Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- IV credentialed.
- Radiation protection/radiation safety
- Computer Literate
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(K), and paid vacation, sick and holidays.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
- $33.20-45.00 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules