Hospital Scheduler (Electrophysiology)
Location: Fairfax, VA
Salary Range: $21.00 - $25.00
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The hospital scheduler provides support to the office manager, physicians, billing, clinical staff and most importantly, the patient, in a courteous and professional manner. The hospital scheduler must have a high level of customer services and accuracy. there are also high expectaitons of teamwork across the company and going the extra mile to meet co-worker and patient needs.
- Provides support to the office manager, physicians, billing, clinical staff and most importantly, the patient.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for greeting all patients in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Provides friendly and efficient telephone services.
- Registers patients in EMR system, verifies demographics and updates accordingly.
- Collects co-payments, prepares patient receipts, and posts payments accurately via EMR.
- Collects external/ internal mail on a daily basis and distributes appropriately.
- Keeps reception area and waiting rooms clean and presentable at all times.
- Able to identify all accepted insurance plans and cards.
- Checks insurance eligibility; obtains patient insurances referrals as needed.
- Performs daily chart preparation ensuring that required documentation is prepared in advance to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Schedules appointments either via phone or in person.
- Respects and maintains patient privacy and dignity. Adheres to HIPAA law at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum one year of experience in a receptionist position in a fast-paced environment
- Medical office experience in a multi-provider office preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Computer proficient with good typing skills
- Prior experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills and pleasant phone manneR
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.