Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator - Lansdowne
Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator
At Virginia Heart, we aim to create exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting.
The Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator has experience as a RRT or RPSGT and is proficienct in all aspects of DME. The DME Coordinator provides primary DME services in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission of providing both extraordinary cardiovascular and sleep care to its community. In addition, the DME Coordinator will aid both the sleep studies coordinator and sleep department manager in insuring that all patients are provided with quality and efficient clinical service. The DME Coordinator may be required to travel to one or two offices as needed. Experience and proficiency with DME specific software such as BRIGHTREE is preferred. Respiratory Therapists (RRT) and Registered Sleep Technologists (RPSGT) should apply.
- Perform, track and document Durable Medical Equipment (DME) setups.
- Assists the provider with patients in the office and is to include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Download and review current PAP compliance data
- Prepares sleep education paperwork
- Perform all services related to Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Track and document PAP compliance data.
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical order.
- Follow insurance requirements related to DME services and equipment re-supply.
- Troubleshoot PAP machine and masks with sleep patients as needed.
- Implement appropriate interventions per sleep provider instruction.
- Receive and deliver sleep and DME supplies to corresponding laboratories.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perform portable monitoring equipment preparation and data download.
- Collect required sleep documentation needed for insurance authorization.
- Coordinate with DME provider any changes to patient prescriptions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with Brightree is preferrred but not required.
- Strong background in sleep medicine or Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience as an RPSGT or Registered Respiratory Therapist and/or DME technician is required. Entry level RRTs may be considered.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Prior experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred.
- Demonstrate computer skills appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills. Follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information.
- Comply with professional standards of conduct.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(K), and paid vacation, sick and holidays.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules