Registered Sleep Technologist
Location: Fairfax, VA
Status: Full-Time / Part-Time / PRN (Non-Exempt)
Salary Range: $36.00 - $42.00
Nights: 4-10 hour shifts (Can include weekends)
Must be RPSGT Certified!
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus (Full-Time Hires Only)
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. Virginia Heart's Sleep Center is an outpatient cardiology setting conveniently located in Falls Church and Lansdowne, VA. It is focused around patient education, to ensure we provide patients with the ability to obtain the best results from their treatment and achieve a good nights sleep. We offer the most advanced sleep technologies, treatment and research opportunities available, such as Inspire and eXcite OSA.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- All Major Holidays Off
The talented and compassionate Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Sleep Technologist) will provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including in-center and out-of-center sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education.
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information
- Determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical order.
- Follow sleep center protocols.
- Score sleep/wake stages and clinical events, and generate accurate reports.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perfom portable monitoring equipment preparation and data download.
- Perform patient education and instruction.
- Review and evaluate sleep studies and provide feedback to staff
- Follow HIPAA olicies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information.
- Comply with professional standards of conduct.
(Please note that position could rotate between our Falls Church and Loudoun Hospital locations)
- Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to a certificate or associate degree with an emphasis in sleep technology or,
- Successful completion of a sleep technology program associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility or equivalent experience and documented proficiency for all competencies required of a sleep technician.
- Certification by a nationally recognized certification board and holds the Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential.
- Minimum of 1 years prior experience as a Polysomnographic or Sleep Technologist.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Computer proficient; prior experience with and EMR/EHR preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.