Location: Arlington, VA
Salary Range: $35.20 - $51.80
Full-Time/Part-Time/PRN opportunities! Multiple locations!
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Echocardiographer performs noninvasive cardiac ultrasound procedures to evaluate the structure and function of the heart. These procedures are performed in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission of providing excellence in cardiovascular care.
No nights, no weekends, and no on-call required! We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, paid holidays and vacation.
- Assess and interview patients scheduled for echocardiography procedures to confirm order and determine indications and appropriateness of the procedureProvides support to the office manager, physicians, billing, clinical staff and most importantly, the patient.
- Acquire high quality diagnostic images and data according to established laboratory protocols.
Acquire and analyze data obtained from the following ultrasound procedure"
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram with Agitated Saline Contrast
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram with Left Ventricular Opacification Contrast
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram with Left Ventricular Opacification Contrast
- Perform vascular diagnostic procedures as needed (qualifications and credentials permitting).
- Complete the reporting template for resting echocardiography procedures performed, to include a summary of data to present to the physician. Completes other Electronic Medical Record requirements.
- Work as a part of the code team when emergencies occur.
- As assigned, routinely checks the emergency cart and equipment per protocol. The echocardiographer is responsible for knowing the location of the medical supplies and medication on the emergency cart and the proper operation of emergency equipment.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a cardiac sonography program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), through the Joint Review Committee in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT) and the Joint Review Committee in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS)
- ARDMS (RDCS) or CCI (RCS) registry credential required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcar Providers required
- Computer Literacy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and patient care skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.