Cardiac Technician-Exercise Physiologist
Location: Fairfax, VA (Fair Oaks)
Salary Range: $23.00 - $29.00
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Cardiac Technician will provide primary clinical support for the providers in an out-patient setting, ensuring that through teamwork, patients and other customers are provided quality and efficient clinical service.
No nights, no weekends, and no on-call required! We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, paid holidays and vacation.
- Assists the provider with patients in the office, including (but not limited to): Clinical Chart Preparation; Obtains the Chief Complaint or reason for the visit; Obtains Vital Signs; Performs an ECG, know the indications for obtaining an ECG; Reviews current Medication List, Past Medical History, Social History, and Review of Systems.
- Applies holter and event monitors and instructs patients on their use.
- Performs Stress Testing under the direct supervision of a physician, including nuclear testing. Stress testing is a basic, required job function of the Cardiac Tech.
- Authorizes prescription refills under direct supervision of the physician.
- Enters data in the EMR.
- Provides patient education.
- Other activities and responsibilities as directed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology/Science or related major OR successful completion of a Cardiac Technician course
- Strong 12-lead ECG interpretation skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Computer literate; prior experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Prior experience in a clinical position; cardiology field preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and patient care skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.