DME Clinical Specialist
Location: Leesburg, VA
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. Virginia Heart's Sleep Center is an outpatient cardiology setting conveniently located in Falls Church and Lansdowne, VA. It is focused around patient education, to ensure we provide patients with the ability to obtain the best results from their treatment and achieve a good nights sleep. We offer the most advanced sleep technologies, treatment and research opportunities available, such as Inspire and eXcite OSA.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- All Major Holidays Off
The Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Clinical Specialist provides DME services in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission of providing both extraordinary cardiovascular and sleep care to its community. In addition to this, the DME Clinical Specialist will aid both the sleep studies coordinator and sleep department manager in insuring that all patients are provided with quality and efficient clinical service. The DME Clinical Specialist may be required to travel to one or two offices as needed. Respiratory Therapists (RRT) and Registered Sleep Technologists (RPSGT) should apply.
- Perform, track and document Durable Medical Equipment (DME)setups.
Assists the provider with patients in the office and is to include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Download and review current PAP compliance data
- Prepares sleep education paperwork
- Travel with sleep provider
- Perform all services related to Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical order.
- Follow insurance requirements related to DME services and equipment re-supply.
- Troubleshoot PAP machine and masks with sleep patients as needed.
- Implement appropriate interventions per sleep provider instruction.
- Receive and deliver sleep and DME supplies to corresponding laboratories.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perform portable sleep monitoring equipment preparation, and data download.
- Collect required sleep documentation needed for insurance authorization.
- Coordinate with DME provider any changes to patient prescriptions.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years prior RPSGT or Respiratory Therapist and/or DME Technician experience preferred (Entry level RRT's may be considered).
- Strong background in Sleep Medicine or Durable Medical Equipment (DME) preferred.
- Experience working with Brightree preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Prior Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate and possess experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.