Echocardiographer/ Vascular Technologist - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus + Relocation Assistance
Location: Leesburg, VA
Salary Range: $35.20 - $51.80
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
We offer great benefits! + $10,000 Sign-On Bonus + Relocation Assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Echocardiographer/Vascular Technologist performs noninvasive cardiac ultrasound procedures to evaluate the structure and function of the heart and noninvasive vascular diagnostic procedures, to include extracranial, visceral, peripheral arterial and venous duplex US and physiologic exams; pre and post intervention. These procedures are performed in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission of providing excellence in cardiovascular care.
No nights, no weekends, and no on-call required! We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, paid holidays and vacation.
- Assess and interview patients scheduled for echocardiography or vascular procedures to confirm order and determine indications and appropriateness of the procedure.
- Explain echocardiography and vascular procedures to patients.
- Acquire high quality diagnostic images and data according to established laboratory protocols.
Acquire and analyze data obtained from the following cardiac ultrasound procedures:
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram, 2D and 3D
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram with Global Longitudinal Strain
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram with Agitated Saline Contrast
- Resting Transthoracic Echocardiogram with Left Ventricular Opacification
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram with Doppler
- Stress Echocardiogram with Left Ventricular Opacification
Acquire and analyze data obtained from the following vascular diagnostic procedures (both pre- and post- intervention):
- Resting Ankle Brachial Index
- Resting Toe Brachial Index
- Exercise Ankle Brachial Index
- Segmental Pressures and Pulse Volume Recordings
- Carotid Duplex
- Limited Aortic Duplex for aneurysm
- Aortoiliac Duplex
Renal Artery Duplex
- Upper and Lower Extremity Arterial Duplex
- Lower Extremity Venous Duplex (insufficiency)
- Complete the reporting template for echocardiographic and vascular procedures, to include a summary of data to present to the physician. Completes other Electronic Medical Record requirements.
- Work as a part of the code team when emergencies occur.
- As assigned, routinely checks the emergency cart and equipment per protocol. The technologist is responsible for knowing the location of the medical supplies and medication on the emergency cart and the proper operation of emergency equipment.
- Maintain current ARDMS or CCI registry credential for adult echocardiography and vascular technology.
- Opportunities for continuing education are ongoing and made available to technologists. It is the responsibility of the technologist to seek out continuing education opportunities related directly to the maintenance of their credential.
- Participates as required in laboratory quality assurance and continuing education conferences as a requirement of laboratory accreditation.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Successful completion of a cardiac sonography program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), through the Joint Review Committee in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT) and the Joint Review Committee in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS)
- ARDMS (RDCS [AE] and RVT) or CCI (ACS or RCS and RVS) registry credential required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Computer Literacy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.