PET/CT Staff Technologist
Location: Falls Church, VA
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting to serve as the PET/CT Staff Technologist service in Northern Virginia with a new Siemens Digital Pet/CT scanner.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 34 days vacation and sick leave, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee engagement surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist wll perform cardiac PET/CT studies, provide high quality diagnostic images, administer readiopharmaceurticals, maintain equipment, and ensure patient safety and satisfaction. Must demonstrate effective communication, strong organizational and analytical skills. Effectively supports the paractice, physicians, technologist, ans other staff, in providing efficient, high-quality care to patients through the completion of the diagnostic procedures.
- Perform Cardiac PET/CT procedures and diagnostic CT Coronary Artery Calcium (CAC) Scoring on a new Siemens Digital hybrid PET/CT scanner, proficiently and in a timely manner.
- Obtain clinical history and explain imaging procedures, including confirmation of proper patient preparation.
- Follow department protocols, procedures set forth by accreditation guidelines and standards.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Maintain accurate hot lab and QC records as required under RAM license. Perform morning and afternoon duties as stated in department manual.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly Quality Control and evaluate functionality on all equipment prior to patient use.
- Troubleshoots scanner and equipment, reports issues to Lead technologist and Program Manager
- Use universal precautions with all patients.
- Prepares equipment and room prior to patient studies.
- Demonstrate clinical proficiency in IV insertion.
- Obtain accurate EKG data and recognize abnormal EKG changes.
- Obtain high quality PET/CT and diagnostic CT images ensuring optimal images are submitted for interpretation.
- Assist patients onto scanner and position patients in a safe manner.
- Obtain the CT data to be scored on the processing workstation.
- Document and complete patient studies accurately and efficiently in EMR.
- Troubleshoots scanner and reports issues to Program Manager.
- Practices radiation safety, utilizing ALARA principle.
- Practice safe handling of radioactive materials in accordance with department policy, NRC, and state regulations.
- Works as part of the code team when emergencies occur. Familiar with the location of medical supplies and medication.
- Meet all continuing education requirements to maintain compliance with certification.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and workstations.
- Stock rooms with linen and necessary medical supplies.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in nuclear medicine technology.
- Successful completion of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology Program
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a nuclear medicine technologist (PET/CT preferred)
- License in Nuclear Medicine by the NMTCB or ARRT (N) required.
- ARRT (CT) or NMTCB (CT) license.
- VA State license as required to operate equipment
- BLS required
- ACLS required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.