Location: Falls Church, VA
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting to serve as the CT Technologist service in Northern Virginia with a new Siemens Digital Pet/CT scanner.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 34 days vacation and sick leave, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee engagement surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The CT Technologist directs clinical care to ensure consistent delivery of services. Under minimal supervision, the CT technologist will apply high level of proficiency to perform diagnostic CT Coronary Artery Calcium (CAC) Scoring on a new Siemens Digital hybrid PET/CT scanner. Effectively supports the practice, physicians, technologists, and other staff, in providing efficient, high-quality care to patients through the completion of the diagnostic procedures.
- Obtain clinical history and explain CT procedure, including confirmation of proper patient preparation.
- Uses universal precautions with all patients.
- Follow department protocols, procedures, and practice policies.
- Prepares equipment and room prior to studies.
- Operate CT scanner to produce cross sectional images of the heart.
- Obtain accurate EKG data.
- Obtain high quality CT images ensuring optimal images are submitted for interpretation.
- Assist patients onto scanner and position patients in a safe manner.
- Obtain the CT data to be scored on the processing workstation.
- Document and complete patient studies accurately and efficiently in EMR,
- Troubleshoots scanner and reports issues to Program Manager.
- Practices radiation safety, utilizing ALARA principle.
- Meet all continuing education requirements to maintain compliance.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and workstations.
- Stock rooms with linen and necessary medical supplies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program that is recognized by the AART or NMTCB required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a computed tomography technologist required.
- License in ARRT (R) (CT) or NMTCB (CT) required.
- VA State license as required to operate scanner.
- BLS required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws.