Telephone Triage Registered Nurse
Location: Fairfax, VA
Salary Range: $34.00 - $38.50
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Reliable transportation required and must live within a 20-mile local commuting area of the worksite
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
We offer great benefits! + $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Telephone Triage RN will provide primary clinical support for the clinical services center. The Telephone Triage RN ensures that patients and other customers are provided quality and effficient clinical service and facilitates a seamless patient experience in between office visits. The Telephone RN is responsible for responding to patient calls in a profiessional, courteous, prompt way and in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission of providing excellence in cardiovascular care.
- Responsible for logging into and out of the call center system as assigned times.
- Responsible for answering triage phone calls in a courteous professional and timely manner.
- Provides friendly and empathetic telephone service to patients, their families or other healthcare workers. Answering medical questions, addressing concerns, or discussing symptoms with prompt resolution.
- Appropriately triages call and escalate concerns or questions to the provider as appropriate.
- Facilitates any appointment scheduling as needed.
- Follows and adheres to established policy and procedures.
- Documents clearly and concisely all patient interactions in the EMR.
- Updates patient information (demographic, medication, history) in the EMR as necessary.
- Adheres to prescribed service levels and goals to provide efficient service to patients.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Informs patients of test results per Virginia Heart protocol.
- Works as a resuscitative team member in emergency situations when in the office setting.
- Upon successful completion of the Prescription Refill Authorization Competency Exam, authorizes prescription refills under direct supervision of the provider.
- Upon successful completion of the Anticoagulation Management Competency Exam, performs anticoagulation therapy management.
- Successful completion of a Registered Nurse program.
- Current Virginia State Registered Nurse License in good standing or valid Compact State License with the abillity to work in Virginia.
- Must be able to commit to a Full-time position.
- Minimum of 2-3years of clinical experience in the management of cardiac patients preferred.
- Preferred experience in a triage call center setting.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with the use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR), EPIC preferred.
- The telephone triage RN must successfully pass the prescription refill authorization, anticoagulation management and triage competency exam prior to working independently.
Click link to view other available RN openings and locations for our company: https://virginiaheart.hiringplatform.com/list/careers)