Patient Accounts Representative - Follow Up
Location: Fairfax, VA
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Virginia Heart learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
We offer great benefits!
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 28 days paid time off, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Patient Account Representative – Follow-Up is responsible for following up with insurance carriers and/or patients to collect payment for services rendered in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission of excellence in cardiovascular care
- Responsible for reviewing claims in queue that are outstanding in a timely manner.
- Appeals denials via website portal, telephone, or correspondence.
- Communicates with patients/families regarding coverage and payment issues.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains excellent communication in all interactions with payers, patients, vendors and fellow employees to create a positive experience.
- Responsible for answering phones in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Accesses appropriate system/services to confirm accurate billing questions.
- Provides friendly and efficient telephone services to patients, Virginia Heart staff and others calling the billing line.
- Expresses sincere concern and empathy when dealing with patient complaints.Expresses sincere concern and empathy when dealing with patient complaints.
- Transfers calls as appropriate.
- Exhibits empathy and compassion.
- Documents and updates insurance companies.
- Exudes confidence on the telephone fostering reassurance for our patients.
- Responsible for resolving queries in an accurate, timely and courteous manner.
- Investigates problem accounts in practice management system utilizing additional resources as needed.
- Correct accounts as needed and provide resolution to patient or office staff as needed.
- Recognizes when a problem needs to be elevated for resolution and involves others to problem solve.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Patient Account Manager, Assistant Patient Accounts Manager or Team Leads.
HS Diploma or equivalent required
- CPT and ICD-10 CM coding criteria and guidelines preferred (preferably in cardiology)
- Minimum of 1 year direct experience in healthcare billing and claims management (office, hopsital or physician practice) preferred
- Knowledge of third-party payers required
- Ability to read EOB and explain definition of out-of-pocket, deductible, and co-insurance
- Must possess excellent time management abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word required
EPIC experience preferred
(Click link to view other available openings and locations for our company: https://virginiaheart.hiringplatform.com/list/careers)