Cardiac Device Specialist - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Location: Falls Church, VA (Heart and Rhythm Center)
- No Evenings
- No Nights
- No Weekends
- No Major Holidays
Virginia Heart is Northern Virginia's premier cardiovascular practice, bringing an unparalleled standard of excellence to our patients. We are seeking an experienced professional with both implanted and ambulatory cardiovascular device management to join our team in our outpatient cardiology setting to serve as the Cardiac Device Specialist.
We offer great benefits + $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums (Medical, dental and vision)
- Life insurance of 50K covered by Virginia Heart, with option to purchase additional
- 401K pension plan based on profit and a percentage of salary
- Paid Short Term Disability with optional long-term insurance available for purchase
- Employee assistance program for mental and physical well-being
- Up to 34 days vacation and sick leave, with accrual of 1 additional vacation day per year through year 10
- Annual merit-based increases
- Employee Appreciation Events, includes therapy dogs, raffles, other fun rewards
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Semi-annual employee engagement surveys
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible spending accounts, pretax dollars for health and dependent care
- Employee Committee Opportunities (e.g., Diversity/ Inclusion, Employee Advisory Committee)
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays and no on-calls!
- Set shifts and schedules
The Cardiac Device Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of patient-related duties to include, but not restricted to, those duties listed below. The Cardiac Device Specialist must be an experienced electrophysiology-focused clinician who supports the electrophysiology program for both remote and in office device checks. The primary goal of this role is to interrogate and reprogram devices under physician guidance, in office. The Cardiac Device Specialist must demonstrate the ability to work both independently and under the direct supervision of the physician. The Cardiac Device Specialist must facilitate the device clinic patient flow throughout the practice in a manner consistent with Virginia Heart’s mission to provide excellence in cardiovascular care.
- Interrogates and reprograms pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator devices.
- Efficient knowledge and usage of Medtronic, Boston Scientific and St. Jude Medical device programmers on a daily basis.
- Performs initial interrogation, threshold testing, review clinical diagnostics, perform reprogramming and print final report for physician review.
- Documents, in the Specialized Clinics flow sheet within GEMMS, using the assigned physician’s standard.
- Relays physician recommendations to the patients related to device adjustments.
- Coordinates and arranges alternative, low volume device interrogations such as ELA and Biotronik.
- Enters orders in GEMMS per Orders Management protocol.
- Provides support and coverage for the Cardiac Monitoring Center as needed.
- Coordinates all home-based ICD monitoring programs such Merlin.net, Carelink and Latitude.
- Assists clinical staff with rooming patients and/or office visits for the physicians, if necessary, to maintain the schedule of the day.
- Performs serial reprogramming of devices during Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy clinic.
- Will be required to travel to multiple offices including but not limited to the Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Fair Oaks, Reston, and Loudoun offices.
- Maintains and cleans clinical equipment per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Notifies office manager and manufacturer of equipment failures in a prompt manner.
- Expected to read, understand,and follow the Virginia Heart Employee Handbook.
- Expected to read, understand and follow The Clinical Policy and procedure Manual, including updated policies when indicated.
- Minimun 1 year of clinical cardiology experience is required.
- Knowledge of Medtronic, Boston Scientific, St. Jude Medical and other device programmers is highly preferred.
- Experience with interrogation and reprogramming is required.
- IBHRE certification preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
- Computer Literate.
- Prior experience with the use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) strongly preferred.
- Strong patient educations skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
(Click link to view other available openings and locations for our company: https://virginiaheart.hiringplatform.com/list/careers)